How big is your carbon footprint?

Whats going down in Town? Talk about Malvern. Talk about you and how your feeling

Moderator: Webguy

How big is your carbon footprint?

Postby John White on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:13 pm

http://www.bp.com/extendedsectiongeneri ... tId=701520

An interesting site.

What good is opening peoples eyes if the planet is too messed up to save?

See how much carbon you emit and what you can do to lessen it.
John White
Site Admin and Founder

Postby Pstaker on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:20 am

John I have to say that in my opinion all this business about carbon footprints etc is a complete and utter load of old bollocks.

By all means re-use stuff, by all means save energy..but just so your bill ain't so high, by all means recycle and ensure that useful stuff is used by someone that needs it rather than just dump it...........but the rest of it is merely a lovely political platform to spout from and a great means to tax us all over again..and again.

If all these MPs that spout this interminable sanctimonious shit about carbon, REALLY meant it and REALLY believed it, they would get rid of their own big motors, stop flying everywhere to so-called meetings and have holidays in this country......but...of course NONE OF THAT applies to them does it.

This world of ours is heating up...apparently.
But if it really is, well, it's only following the course of events that have taken place over the millenia...ie millions of years ago we had an ice age, then it warmed up, then it got cold again etc etc.

BUT WE MUST NEVER FORGET , it's all a great political standpoint to pontificate from isn't it..AND of course, not forgetting the opportunity to rake in many more of our hard earned pennies so that they can continue their lovely lifestyles.. at our expense.

Nah, sorry, but it's a load of carefully calculated CRAP
Pstaker

Postby John White on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:41 pm

LOL

Well that BP website is certainly bollocks cos the link is dead now :)

But to take your point, my general view is that firstly real issues always get hijacked by vested agendas: and its an easy and obvious political agenda we see being piggybacked off the Green Issue: most specifically increased survaillance (the carbon crdit plan) and increased regualtion, licensing and taxation: the usual obsessions of beaurocratic power

However, as I said in my recent talk, personally I view carbon footprints eg carbon monoxide and dioxide production, as a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself: and where we have a society like modern britain where we can reaosnably say we consume 4 times out own body wieght in crude oil per yer (@ 18 barrells) we seem to me to have the responsibility to take charge of what we are using and ask ourselves" why am I using this?": so the original link had a useful purpose in my view regardless of the agenda's being launched or furthered through it

I dont have a firm view on whether carbon is the big factor in the environments degradation, but I do care about all the by products of human industry, becuase after all: we only have the one planet
To Join Malvern Messages, click here:

malvernmessages-about916.html

Thanks!
John White
Site Admin and Founder

Postby good ol pepe on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Personally I’m not worried about my carbon foot print.
Tending to lean to the view that its utter bollocks.

Rather I would wish us to realize there is no such thing as trash.
That we are in fact abundant if we could put our stuff to reuse and recycle
instead of it becoming a landfill and fucking up my woods.

The exception being deadly contaminants and radiation and waste.
good ol pepe

Postby Pstaker on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah I agree with that Good Ol.
Let's re-use everything by all means - there'll always be someone who needs, or can make use of, or can convert something that would otherwise be thrown away.

In fact I'm sure we could solve many a flooding problem if, for example, plastics were ground down to a paste, mixed with some sort of organic compound comprised perhaps of old earth and erstwhile landfill rubbish, and then used as flood barriers.

Simple really.
As the water levels rise, no more complaints about flooding on the one hand and too much rubbish being created, on the other, just a combination of using rubbish, in some forms to build barriers that will not only be extremely effective but will enable plant life to grow in them as well.
Build up the land with our rubbish!

The technology MUST exist, surely to goodness.
Last edited by Pstaker on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pstaker

Postby good ol pepe on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 am

For realz yo. We need better trash disposal. It is insanity that so much material goes to waste.
good ol pepe

Postby Pstaker on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 pm

P'raps if we put our politicians in the landfill sites, that would solve a few problems.
It would reduce the carbon footprints created by using gas guzzlers and flying all over the world as it suits.
Above all........it would reduce the hot air produced, thus reducing carbon emissions..................WONDERFUL

All in favour say aye........
Pstaker

Return to The Vibes